On Tuesday 29th April 2014, the First and Second
Year illustration students held an exhibition. The First Years were to show a
piece using traditional media and following the theme ‘Anthropomorphism’.
Prior to the event, however, a lot of preparation was required.
I helped to remove all furniture from the room and we then began to paint the
walls. I painted the bottom half of one of the walls before Easter, I also
helped Rosie to measure the dimensions of the walls in the room. During the
Easter holidays, we all cut a mount for our piece of work, ensuring that we
used ‘Antique White’ mount board to keep consistency.
After Easter, we all laid out our work on the floor, Katie
and I organised the order of everyone’s pieces, so as to ensure that everyone’s
work could be fully appreciated. We had to make sure to separate pieces of
similar subject matter, style, colour and media. I think we succeeded. The last
part that we had to do was the physical hanging of the work. Jane and I
measured the distances and heights of the pieces, while James hit the pins into
the wall to hang the work on.
Overall, I think that the whole exercise was worthwhile. It
allowed the majority of us to realise what is needed to set up an exhibition.
Unfortunately I feel that, like most group work, some people did not pull their
own weight. I think that I did a lot of the organising, as well as a lot of the
physical work, whereas some people perhaps only helped to move the furniture
before Easter. For me, the exhibition helped me to find my own voice in the
class, people listened to me and asked for my opinion. Furthermore, I felt more
like a member of the class than before. I was hugely proud of everyone for the
work we all put in, the exhibition looks professional and it is well done.
Pictures from exhibition:












No comments:
Post a Comment