21 February 2016

Creative Futures - More Websites

This week in lectures we looked at different website providers such as Squarespace and Wordpress. We also defined some words about websites that some people did not know.

Some important things we discovered were that if the host does not give you unlimited Bandwidth, that's not great. It limits the number of people who can see your website per month. For my purposes, 1gb of disk space for the website is probably not enough - I will be sharing pictures of my work, so they take up more space than text.

I have concluded that I will buy my domain through a host website and they will host my website for me. This will be cheaper than going through the aforementioned website providers, however it may be slightly more difficult to use. After buying my domain, will have to wait one day until I can actually use it, as it won't be set up properly yet. Through the hosting website, I can use Squarepace for free and make the website look pretty.

This week I will inform my lecturer of my plans and hopefully start to make the website!

No comments:

Post a Comment