6 February 2016

Creative Futures - Be Amibitious

This module is about giving us an unfair advantage over all of the other illustration students that will be graduating this year. Many other illustration graduates will:

  • Not actually want to be illustrators
  • Not have a good website
  • Not have a plan
  • Not have their own style
  • Leave their futures up to chance
Being ambitious is about:
  • Being focused
  • Being flexible
  • Saying 'yes please'
  • Having a plan
  • Having goals
There are 3 types of goals: short term, mid term and long term. Short term goals include getting better and having more contacts, they are goals that can be achieved in a short amount of time. Mid term goals include making more money than you spend and they can be achieved in a longer time than short term goals, but a shorter time than long term. Long term goals are career defining and can take years to achieve. 

Before becoming a freelancer, you should know a few things:
  • How long it takes you to do your work
  • How much your work is worth
  • How much your business needs to make. 
From now on I will be creating a list of resources which can help me if need it. This will include websites, books and social media accounts. I will also be building a list of people I would like to work with and I will keep it up to date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment